It’s hard to find such a unique and cool guitar for such a low price.
We’ve known the Gretsch brand for drumsets, and they’re known for some of the best acoustic guitars. Their Jim Dandy falls under one of the best acoustic guitars under $200, and we’ll explain why in our full review below.
Gretsch Jim Dandy (G9500) Acoustic Guitar Features:
- In the style of vintage Gretsch “Rex” Parlor Guitars
- Vintage Semi-Gloss Finish
- 24″-Scale “C”-Shaped Nato Neck
- Vintage-Style Headstock
- Rosewood Fingerboard
- Vintage-Style Frets
- Open-Gear Die-Cast Tuning Machines
- Rosewood Top-Load Bridge
The Vintage look is accentuated throughout and the style design lends itself to creating a nice warm, bluesy vintage tone like what we found in our Ibanez PC15 review. The short scale guitar is fairly small making it suitable for children and great if you want a travel guitar or just like the tone and style. Another guitar that has that throwback and vintage-sounding tone is the one featured in our Gretsch Honey Dipper review, which comes from the same brand.
This is a cool guitar under $200. The old school “Rex” Parlor style guitars are awesome looking and have a unique vibe and tone that makes this more unique than most of the mass produced acoustic guitars that exist at this price point.
- It's got that "Rex" Parlor vintage guitar look and sound without having to splurge on the true vintage price
- Small scale is useful for children, people with small hands or having for travel situations
- If you don't realize how small this guitar is, you might be surprised and not necessarily happy about it.
- $189.00 - November 29, 2023
- $149.00 - November 26, 2023
- Highest Price: $189.00 - November 29, 2023
- Lowest Price: $149.00 - November 26, 2023
- $449.99 - October 16, 2023
- $399.99 - July 13, 2023
- Highest Price: $449.99 - October 16, 2023
- Lowest Price: $399.99 - July 13, 2023