Watch Robert “Sput” Searight play this drumset with Ghost Note and you will want to own one too. The compatibility is amazing and it’s good enough to use on stage, especially if you are playing hip-hop, funk and jazz.
- 4-piece Cocktail Mini Drum Kit
- 14″ Kick Drum
- Hardware Bag
- Drum Bag
- Kick Drum Sound Focus Pad
- Unparalleled Compatability
If it weren’t for witnessing first hand Robert “Sput” Searight make this Drumset sing with his band Ghost Note, I would likely be very skeptical of the this drumset. I’m glad I didn’t write it off, cause I just bought this drumset to take on the road with me on a jazz/funk/fusion tour. Even after hearing Sput on this kit, I spent hours slaving over comparisons of the QuestLove Breakbeats kit, The Sonor Safari Kit, The Sonor Martini Kit and The TAMA Cocktail Jam Mini Kit.
My take away is that they are all great compact drum kits for the price, the Sonor Safari Kit has my favorite overall tone, the Breakbeats toms stood out, the Martini Kit has a nice low end on the bass drum even though it’s small…but the TAMA Cocktail Jam Mini Kit has one thing that the other do not! The TAMA Cocktail Jam Mini Kit can break down into two small bags. If you goal is to have a good sounding drum kit that has as small of a footprint as possible, this is your drum kit.
This drumset is quality and has good enough sound for live stage performances of many genres.
- The most compact drumset that can still qualify as a professional quality drumset.
- Since the toms are made to be compact, the do not have bottom heads, which gives the tones a slightly timbale type of sound. It's a plus if that is what you want.